The Dilemma


In honor of the first movie review of 2011 I will explain some of the dilemma's that were faced in the making of this movie:

Dilemma #1- When writing this movie Allan Loeb thought to himself "Hmmm... I have two of the most famous comedic actors in Hollywood, should I, a) Use their talents to make people laugh, or b) Try to use their talents for about 12% of the movie, and write a serious drama with people who can't act?
I think I'll go with option A!"
Result: FAIL!

Dilemma #2 - While I'm not sure who decides what exactly goes into a movie trailer this is thought process that he/she had. "Should I a) Put all of the funny lines from the movie into a 3 minute trailer and piss people off that they have to set through a 2 hour drama when they already know the funny lines, or b) not waste people's time?
Option A for the win!"
Result: FAIL!

Dilemma #3 - Ron Howard has been in the entertainment business for a long time, take a look at his IMDB page. That means one thing, he has been around people who are under 6 feet tall for a long time, (for the record Howard is only 5' 9"). I'm pretty this led him through the following thought process: "The two leading actors in my movie have about an 8 inch height difference, should I, a) try to be creative and use different camera angles to make it so I don't have to cut off Vince Vaughn's head, or b) say screw it, film them from a lower angle and laugh because I made $10 million in 2001 for A Beautiful Mind?
Cha-ching! It's option B!"
Result: FAIL!

Anytime you film a 2 hour movie with Vince Vaughn, and Kevin James odds are you are bound to get a few funny parts, The Dilemma is no different. But the fact that the writer of this movie decided to try and sprinkle in 100 minutes of drama should hopefully solve the dilemma you are having of whether or not to see this movie.

(Hint: The answer is no.)

The Dilemma
Directed by: Ron Howard
Written by: Allan Loeb
Starring: Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Winona Ryder, and Jennifer Connelly
My Rating: 1.5 out of 5
Would Gene pick it?: No

No comments:

Post a Comment