The 8th Confession


It has been a tragically long time since I have been able to make it to the movie theater. Sometimes work and real life just don't realize how badly I need my popcorn and diet soda. In the mean time I am going to post a couple of book reviews for you so I can hopefully get through this series of posts on the James Patterson series of The Woman's Murder Club.

Title: The 8th Confession
Author: James Patterson
Pages: Kindle
My Rating: 2 out of 5
My Comments: 8th book in series. Probably my least favorite of the 8 so far. Could have been the setting in which I read the first half of it(on a plane) but it just didn't do it for me. Not a huge fan of a book using a snake as the murder weapon.

Amazon.com Review (Credit to Publishers Weekly):
Fans of Sex and the City ripoffs may best appreciate Patterson's eighth Women's Murder Club novel, his fifth coauthored with Patero (after 7th Heaven). Det. Lindsay Boxer, of the San Francisco police department, is searching for a killer who's knocking off the well-to-do without leaving any signs of violence on the bodies. The investigation is going nowhere until the department's repository of institutional memory recalls a series of unsolved killings from 1982, in which the unidentified perpetrator used a krait, a rare Indian snake, to poison the victims. Meanwhile, Boxer's gal pal, journalist Cindy Thomas, is pressing the police to devote resources to a low priority murder-that of a homeless man known as Bagman Jesus, whose real name is a mystery. The romance that develops between Thomas and Boxer's hunky partner, Det. Rich Conklin, includes a striking moment when Conklin, magician-like, slips "his hands into the flimsy fabric of her panties, making them disappear."

No comments:

Post a Comment