Footloose


Yes, you read the title correctly. This week I ventured out with my wife to check out Footloose. I figure if I once sat through Jane Eyre then I could handle staring at Julianne Hough dancing around in daisy dukes.

I went into the theater with expectations of a corny movie that my wife will love and give me some ammunition for when I make her accompany me to the 3rd installment of Harold and Kumar. Boom, dead on.

I have not seen the original version of Footloose, but from what I have been told the remake is about as close to the original as any movie ever has been. Everything from the dialogue to the VW Bug that Ren MacCormick is nearly spot on.

I can't go real in depth into the movie because, well... there is no depth to this movie. Ladies will want to go to the theaters to see Kenny Wormald, fellas will want to go and watch Ms. Hough, and no one will go to listen to Kenny Loggins.

While I obviously didn't have the highest of expectations for the movie, I must admit that it was better than I thought it would be. Dennis Quaid was great in his role as Reverend Moore, and I found myself laughing at both the dialogue and the corniness of the movie more than once.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go dance off some steam in an empty warehouse.


Footloose
Directed by: Craig Brewer
Written by: Dean Pitchford, and Craig Brewer
Starring: Kenny Womland, Julianne Hough, and Dennis Quaid
My Rating: 2.75 out of 5
Would Gene Pick it?: Yes... but Mrs. Gene would pick it 3 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment