Red

Those who know me, know that I am not a big comic book person. As it turns out I'm not a big fan of movies based on comic books either.

The wife and I braved the monsoon that was coming down on us this morning, and went to see Red, a movie about a former black-ops agent who re-assembles his old crew in order to survive, and in the process uncovers one of the biggest cover ups in American history.

The movie had a cast of very well known names, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich all made up the crew looking to help solve this mystery. Unfortunately for those who see this movie, Bruce Willis is the lead. I'm still trying to think of the last time I enjoyed anything that he was in? If anyone has a suggestion please feel free to let me know.

For the second straight day, one of the highlights of the movie was the character played by John Malkovich. As it turns out, playing somewhat demented comedic roles might be right up his ally.

Today's review is short and sweet... if only the movie would have followed suit.

Red
Directed by: Robert Schwentke
Written by: Jon Hoeber, and Erich Hoeber
Starring: Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Hellen Mirren, John Malkovich, and Mary-Louise Parker
My Rating: 2.5 out of 5
Would Gene Pick It?: No

1 comment:

Kami said...

I liked it more than he did. Over the top and campy, just fun entertainment.

Post a Comment