No Strings Attached


I have a confession to make, I enjoy watching movies with Ashton Kutcher. That's right, I felt like I needed to get that off of my chest. One of the all time don't say it out loud thoughts that a guy has while watching movies. And no, you're not getting X'd punk.

I spent my Super Sunday morning checking out No Strings Attached,a movie that doesn't make you think, makes you laugh, and allows you to enjoy your popcorn and diet soda. Kutcher plays a staffer on a High School Musical TV show who runs into a girl from his past, played by Natalie Portman. The two characters decide that they will be friends who only have sex, but not a relationship. You're not going to believe this but it doesn't quite work out. The characters fall in love which causes a strain on their relationship. Don't worry, I didn't spoil anything for you it's right there in the trailer.

Despite the lack of any interesting subplot whatsoever, I actually enjoyed this movie. Kutcher, and Portman played very well opposite one another, and the supporting cast (headlined by the incredibly talented, Mindy Kaling provided some great comedic moments. I'm pretty sure you won't have to be on the look out for this movie at the Academy Awards, but you will enjoy the raunchy sarcasm, and the hilarious references to Leona Lewis, Frank Sinatra, and U2 (POSSIBLE SPOILER in that clip).


No Strings Attached
Directed by: Ivan Reitman
Written by: Michael Samonek, and Elizabeth Meriwether
Starring: Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher, and Kevin Kline
My Rating: 3.75 out of 5
Would Gene Pick it?: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment