Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides


It seems a little hard to believe that the original Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out 8 years ago. That was of course until the wife and I headed to see the latest installment: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. You see, while most people would probably watch the 2nd and 3rd movies in the series, I decided to to try and put the puzzle together with an 8 year hiatus. It turns out, my memory is a little thin.

With my small break in between screenings, it makes it a little difficult to compare this movie to any of the previous 3, so I am not even going to try. I will say that the wit, and sarcasm that Johnny Depp displays does not disappoint. While I may have no idea what is going on in the movie, I did find myself laughing at his quips quite often.

Apparently this was the first appearance in the Pirates series for Penelope Cruz. This is a major bummer for all of you who saw the other three, as staring at Cruz for 2 hours is not the worst thing in the world.

Obviously I am unable to go real in depth on this movie, other than to say I was certainly entertained while in the theater. There were plenty of laughs, some decent action scenes, and did I mention Penelope Cruz?

My lovely wife (have to make up for the Penelope comments, love you babe!) is a pretty big fan on the series and enjoyed this version, although she did comment that it was her least favorite of the 4 thus far. She is always right about everything (see above) so I would probably take her word for it, unless of course you want to walk the plank.


Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Directed by: Rob Marshall
Written by: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Stuart Beattie, and Jay Wolpert
Starring: Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, and Ian McShane
My Rating: 3.25 out of 5
Would Gene Pick it?: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment