The Hangover Part II


I have really good news for anyone who drinks the large diet soda like I do during this movie. When you get up to quickly use the restroom, you aren't going to miss anything. If you saw the first Hangover you may have a hunch as to what's going on in Part 2.

I went into today's showing of the sequel to the highest grossing comedy of all time with a bad attitude. I'll admit it. I never thought the sequel should have been made. Jerry Seinfeld always taught me that entertainers should always leave their audiences wanting more. I thought Todd Phillips and his crew did just that with the original. They created a classic that EVERYONE loved, why give people the option to think otherwise?

Then again, maybe he was just trying to get people to forget about Due Date.

Fortunately for my review, Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis,, and Ed Helms made me laugh throughout the movie.

It's pretty difficult to say anything about this movie that wasn't already said about the first. Apparently that's how the writing staff felt as well as the storyline in the sequel is about as close to being exactly the same as you can get. Watching the sequel is like watching the original on DVD. It is still pretty funny, but it will never be as good as the first time. You can anticipate when the funny parts are coming, and anticipate when you can go recycle that diet soda that you drank early on. Although the more I think of it, the more that might not be such a bad thing.


The Hangover Part II
Directed by: Todd Phillips
Written by: Craig Mazin, Scot Armstrong, Todd Phillips, Jon Lucas, and Scott Moore
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Ken Jeong
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Would Gene Pick it?: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment